Friday, August 7, 2020

Glenn Morton (1950-2020)

Glenn's son, David here. 

It is with sadness on our part, but joy for his part, that I share with you that my father, Glenn Morton, passed away, peacefully, this past Wednesday, August 5, 2020. 

Dad loved his blog, and posted on it regularly. Even more than the blog, he loved the subject matter. Dad pursued truth throughout his entire life, and was not willing to settle for anything but truth. He led myself and my brothers to the Truth, Jesus, when we were all young, and we continue to proclaim Christ today. 

Dad was full of wonder. His office filled with fossils, oil business awards, and trinkets from his many travels across the globe. He never let the world diminish his wonder for the natural world and his interest in people never waned, but only increased, as did his faith, throughout his 70 years here on this rock. 

We're finding that he has impacted more people than we were ever aware of. He was always humble about the work he did in the intellectual spaces he worked in. He was, as one relative has commented, "intelligence personified".  He would read whole scientific tomes in an afternoon. 

He was not only a migrant mind, but he was also a brilliant mind, and a loving mind as well.  

Thank you for being a part of his journey. 

-David

PS, For those of you who choose to make the journey, his funeral will be in College Station, TX at 2:00 PM at Grace Bible Church, Creekside Campus. Dress is casual. If you cannot make it, but would like to watch it, it will be viewable on Hillier Funeral Home's website in the 3 months following the service. 


2 comments:

  1. I had fun reading your blog because i found it to be quite comprehensible,
    https://onfield11.blogspot.com/2021/03/top-5-strategies-to-choose-right_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David,
    I just happened to stumble into this blog thru a post on BioLogos and was thrilled to read "When did Adam live? Part 1. Religion" because it resonates with a study I have lately written and published on Amazon. I left a comment under the Adam article, with more info about my study, but now I see that unfortunately, Glenn is no longer among us. I'm sorry for your loss, he must have been a remarkable man. Anyway, feel free to look at my comment.
    Blessings, Viki

    ReplyDelete