Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Siberia isn't warming

We are often shown pictures like this of the rising temperatures in Siberia. Big red dots is rapid warming:




Global warming folks constantly tell me that one of the predictions of global warming is that the high arctic will warm quicker than the rest of the planet.

So, I went to this site and downloaded every Russian station above 60 deg N latitude I could find and also got a couple slightly below 60 degree N. The data I downloaded is the RAW monthly data. The stations cover from 2 deg E longitude to 129 deg E longitude and from 57.8 deg N. latitude to 80 deg N latitude. There are 51 stations in this study--as I said, every Siberian station I could find.

I didn't want the corrected data as I don't know what kind of biases went into the data. Maybe in the future I will download and process that data.

I decided to calculate an average Siberian temperature for the entire time of Siberian temperature taking from 1814 to the present. In doing this one quickly learns that there are missing months of data and if you miss a December or January, you significantly warm the year's average temperature. But you also find that if you miss a July or August, you signficantly cool the yearly average temperature. Previous studies I had carried out on Siberian stations I had chosen to use only the max and min, or the degree days. This time I decided to throw out any year which was imperfect. If even one month was missing, I didn't use the data. I wanted as pristine a set of raw data I could get.

After averaging all stations each year from 1814 to the present, I get this amazing picture of climate in Siberia.



Clearly this is not what we are told is happening in Siberia, yet, this is the entire record. So, let's examine any issues that might be problematic.

The oldest record is from Arcangel'sk, Russia at 64.5 Deg N. Latitude. It has recent warming, but even now it's warming doesn't rise above past warm periods--nothing exceptional here.



The first problem is that up until 1851 there was only one station, Archangel'sk in all of Northern Russia. The second station came on line in 1851. By 1900 there were 10 stations running with a 100 degree longitude spread. If we look at Northern Russia's average temperature from 1899 to the present it looks like this.



Now let's look at the warming by longitude. From 2 to 100 deg longitude the Russian temperature record looks like this.


And east of 100 deg longitude the curve looks like this.




Now, given that this is the data that was reported--the raw data, HOW IN THE HELL DID THE LYING CLIMATOLOGISTS TURN IT INTO THE MAP SHOWN ABOVE???

I just saw this which might explain my question above:

"Climategate has already affected Russia. On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data."http://en.rian.ru/papers/20091216/157260660.html

Now we know how the lying climatologists turned Siberian cooling into warming shown in the upper map.

6 comments:

  1. http://coalitionoftheswilling.net/?p=6853

    Manual Trackback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the Chinese writer. Wo mei xie le. Ru guo ni yong pin yin, wo ke yi ming bai ni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!

    Might want to edit the sentence that includes "100 degrees of latitude" to read "100 degrees of longitude".

    We are discovering evidence of man-made global warming in statistics everywhere lately. Not in the actual atmosphere, just man-made warming of the statistics... Climatologists got some 'splainin to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Halfwise. One too many toddies that night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the temperature is one of the things that every one have to be careful because we can get some problems with an important change in the temperature!22dd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway, I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon.

    ReplyDelete