Thursday, September 24, 2009

105 years of Average Daily Temperature Differences

I have been examining the average of each day's temperature difference for two closely spaced towns for the entire time that temperatures have been taken at the two nearby stations. Again I will look at the lunacy found in the record of Montevideo and Milan, Minnesota. When I take the average temperature difference for each day in February from 1894 to 2008 I find the average temperature difference is as seen in the following chart.




The question I have is why is the 105 year average temperature difference for Feb 6 1.7 deg F different than the average temperature difference for Feb 8th? It seems to me that there shouldn't be that large of a temperature difference. Once again, if one believes the thermometer record, one is believing in a lunatic data set.

I also would contend that the fact that for 105 years Montevideo has been hotter for 26 out of 28 days on average for February, clearly says that the data is attrocious. Such biases should not exist for towns only 16 miles apart. Whatever we are measuring, it isn't global temperature.

4 comments:

  1. I think its a pretty good idea not that there aren't other sites out there that already do something similar but I think it might catch on here pretty well.


    natural supplements

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that handwriting can say a great deal about a person. I think that men whose handwriting in incomprehensible care only about themselves and do not value others’ opinions.
    Web hosting in Chile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog and think it really full of useful info. Your reporting is clear, to the point and straight forward. I’m going to look over more of your site. Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete