Monday, July 13, 2009

Southern Chile Sees no Warming

Last January I flew to Punta Arenas and then on to Ushuaia, Argentina. Having been to these two towns I wondered what the warming was like there. Punta Arenas Chile, which is only a few hundred miles north of the Antarctican peninsula where hysteriacs say that all the ice is melting, should show this warming. But it doesn't.




Punta Arenas, Chile is getting chilly, contrary to the expectations of Global Warming Hysteriacs.

Ushuaia, Argentina, the port from which I sailed to Antarctica, shows very little evidence of warming over the past 78 years. In 1931, the maximum temperature was 10.5 deg C. In 2009, the maximum temperature (which always occurs during the Austral Summer, in January or February), was merely 8.3 deg C. How can this be when there is all this additional CO2 in the atmosphere today that wasn't there in 1931? Clearly CO2 doesn't seem to move the temperature in Ushuaia.



Below is a picture of me and my oldest son at the Ushuaia dock. the ship we took to Antarctica is behind my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment